Halloween reminders from SERVPRO!
Halloween is for costumes, candy and fun! No one wants their fun to be spoiled by a fire! SERVPRO wants everyone to have a fun and safe time this Halloween! We have a list of safety tips below provided by the National Fire Prevention Association.
- Candles - Refrain from having an open flame. Use battery-operated candles or glow-sticks in your jack-o-lanterns.
- Costumes - Choose the right costume. Stay away from long or flowing fabric, and skip extraneous costume pieces.
- Decorations - Avoid flammable decorations including dried flowers, cornstalks and crepe paper that are highly flammable. Keep decorations away from open flames and other heat sources, including light bulbs and heaters.
- Exits - Remember to keep all decorations away from doors so that they are not blocking any exits or escape routes.
- Smoke alarms - Make sure all your smoke alarms are working and up to date.
- Visibility - Provide flashlights to children or have them carry glow sticks as part of their costumes. Make sure if a child is wearing a mask that the eye holes are large enough to see out of them.
SERVPRO wishes everyone a fun and safe Halloween!
What SERVPRO of Wilmington / Lomita / S. Harbor City will do for you
Smoke and Soot
A fire in your home or business is a devastating experience that comes with extensive damage throughout the area. The smoke and soot damage is hard to identify at times and still leaves behind linger smells and irritants. Our experts at SERVPRO of Wilmington / Lomita / S. Harbor City will survey the site and determine the damage done from the fire and whatever was used to put it out. Using state of the art machines to detect the areas that have been affected. The visible soot may be able to be wiped off at first but the damages normally run deeper than you expect.
What we do
Our crew will come out and use the latest technology and equipment to clean up the entirety of the affected area. We clean up and restore your place to its original condition and much more hygienic and clean then it has ever been. Using things like air scrubbers and specialized chemicals we will get to remove the soot that is stuck to walls and items, and clean the smell from these items as well. Nothing is worse than your lingering smoke smells after a disaster. Do not suffer, give us a call today and let us handle smoke and fire related damages so they get done right.
Is it Possible to Remain on Premises Following a Fire?
SERVPRO protects its technicians from biohazardous airborne smoke particles in Los Angeles area homes
SERVPRO Assesses Los Angeles Area Fire Damage for Safe Living Conditions
After enduring a fire in your Los Angeles home, you may not wish to leave, especially if you feel your property is vulnerable due to the extensive damage. However, it is vital to prioritize your safety, ensuring your home is safe before deciding to return permanently. Often, technicians use strong deodorizers and fogging techniques that require residents to vacate the property. They also may need to turn off your power for safety purposes. Our goal is to quickly and effectively restore your home to preloss conditions so that you may return.
Why are Slip and Falls a Hazard After a Fire?
Firefighters Often Use Water to Extinguish a Fire
Surprisingly, one of the major factors impeding fire restoration of your Los Angeles home is water usage during firefighting efforts. Excessive moisture on top of fire damage makes the cleanup and restoration tasks even more challenging. Our trained SERVPRO technicians employ OSHA required Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI), which shuts off power as a safety precaution if it senses too much electrical current in a wet environment.
What are Some of the Most Common Safety Hazards After A Fire?
- Electrical Hazards: If the electricity is still running, it is essential to inspect for damaged wiring. It may be necessary to terminate power from the fuse box to ensure safety.
- Structural Hazards: Fire can cause loose building materials and other debris to fall. Technicians wear hardhats as personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Slip, Trip, and Fall: Excess water may cause slipping, while debris, electrical cords, and poor visibility can cause a fall.
For 24/7 assistance after a fire, contact SERVPRO of Wilmington/ Lomita/ S. Harbor City at (424) 263-9065. We make it, "Like it never even happened."